Comments
Comment # 1: Evin Schuchardt
Comment # 2: Steven Hennessy
Reference Information
The Complete Works of Aristotle - On PlantsAristotle
Princeton University Press
Summary
This segment from this book was a writing from Aristotle on plants. He explains how plants are believed to have souls based on the various points from the plant's life span (for example, its genetics, way of reproducing, consuming food and how it sleeps). He goes on to explain how plants do not have souls like people do, rather they have partial souls.
Discussion
Aristotle had some interesting theories about a lot of things. I can see how this reading related to the reading we read on The Chinese Room. Often people tend to regard material things of such high value (as though many of the things we idolize in life has so much significance and meaning, practically a soul). I couldn't help but want to laugh when reading this (sorry) because I kept remembering the "Little Shop of Horrors" story.

No comments:
Post a Comment